What goes in
All-purpose flour – 575 ml
Baking powder – 3.5 teaspoon
Salt – 0.5 teaspoon
Butter – 175 ml / 140 gm
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 350 ml / 300 gm
Milk – 250 ml
Vanila essence – 1 teaspoon
What to do
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C with both top and down heaters.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Cream the butter in a big bowl.
4. Separate the white and yellow of the eggs (in different bowls) and beat till stiff.
5. Add the sugar into the butter and stir.
6. Add the yellow of the eggs and stir.
7. Add the milk and vanilla and stir.
8. Add the flour mix and stir.
9. Add the white of the eggs and stir.
10. Put the batter into a greased bowl. Let the height of the batter not exceed about 3/4 inch. Use two bowls if you need to. Reduce temperature of oven to 160 deg C and bake for 30 min or till a knife comes out clean.
Thanks to Elliot Moose